WE HELP COMPANIES THAT WANT TO SPEND LESS TIME IN EXCEL AND MORE TIME USING DATA TO DELIGHT THEIR INVESTORS AND TENANTS
Too many people have the job of exporting data from systems into Excel, and then analyzing the data and creating charts in Excel. If this describes you, let us show you how you can save time, improve accuracy and focus on using analytics to drive business results.
Spending too much time in Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft and other companies have released tools that make data management and reporting easier.
We connect directly to your property management system to extract data into reports.
Interested in an efficient way to do reporting and data analysis?Take a look at our offers below and get started towards a beautiful future of hands-free, visual reporting.
Five common data problems we solve:
2. Complicated, fragile Excel spreadsheets leading to doubts about data accuracy and maintainability
3. Not having the right reports, or having reports that are usually out of date
4. Charts and tables are bland to look at. Desire to have visually stunning reports.
5. Cannot answer “what-if” questions … the spreadsheets or charts are too inflexible for drilling down, slicing and dicing.
Profile Of Our Clients
• Title: CEO, COO, CFO, VP, Director.
• Departments: Finance, Acquisitions, Operations, Marketing, Maintenance.
• Company Size: Companies with 2,000 to 10,000 units is our sweet spot
• Pain Points:
o “Lots of data but insufficient information”
o Inability to readily get the reports and metrics required
o Inability to ask “why” once the data is presented
o Team spends too much time preparing reports and doesn’t have time left to gain insights and act on the data
Seven reasons why you should work with us
1. Property Management Focus:
We understand property management systems, their databases and APIs. We have clients in commercial and residential, and we learn from each other.
2. Analytics Expertise:
Taking companies from slow, manual reporting processes to fast, automated, accurate dashboards is something we have done over and over. We know APIs, SQL, Excel, and we know best practices for organizing and protecting data.
3. Confidentiality: We take safeguarding your data seriously. We sign an NDA and have internal procedures to limit data visibility.
4. Coaching and mentoring: We will show you how we simplify data management and reporting so that you can do it yourself
5. Vendor Independence: While we sell and recommend some vendor products, we are under no obligation to sell you tools from any specific vendor. We will tailor the right solution for you.
6. Project Management: Once we are working on your project, you will be kept informed about progress, roadblocks and deadlines.
7. Success: All of our customers become repeat customers. Helping companies see their metrics matters to us. We work with property management companies that are growing, and will recommend solutions appropriate for their size.
Metric-X helps companies manage and analyze their data
Tableau is the leading visual analytics product. Metric-X is a Tableau reseller and consulting partner. See the gallery for examples
RENT MANAGER API PARTNER
Metric-X is a Rent Manager API Partner. We have developed Rent Manager integrations, and have a deep understanding of the Rent Manager API and database.
MICROSOFT AZURE SOLUTION DEVELOPERS
Metric-X utilizes Microsoft cloud technologies for data management and system integrations. Our team of certified developers understands APIs and cloud technologies
As a member of the National Apartment Association, we stay informed about the needs of growing property management companies.
Thank you for visiting our website. We are fortunate to be part of one of the most exciting changes taking place in the business world: data and analytics.
I started Metric-X in 2000 with the mission to help companies use information technology to improve the metrics that matter to them. It has been an amazing journey, and a privilege to be part of a growing industry, working alongside a team of dedicated consultants, and having clients who have treated us so well.
Helping property management executives use analytics is what we like to do. This website has been designed for you if:
1. You want something better than Excel and Excel Charts for reports, or,
2. You want to learn how analytics can be used to drive your property management company, or
3. You are looking for a technology company to connect to your systems and develop custom reports and dashboards, or
4. You want to see demos and examples of analytics applied to property management
Your time is valuable, so this site is designed to guide you to the information you are looking for, and to decide if you want to speak further with us. We want to earn the privilege of joining you in your journey of competing with analytics.
Get the latest updates from our blog
Here is a video demonstrating a simpler, dynamic way of doing budget vs actual reviews. This will speed up your monthly reviews of performance to budget, and enable your team to easily drill down to the underlying causes of budget variances. The benefits of this approach are described below. Some screenshots are also shown below.[…]
Not every property management company needs a dashboard. When speaking with a prospective customer for one of our dashboard solutions, I ask these five questions to determine need for a dashboard: Do you have financial targets for the year? (for example, Net Income, Rent Lost Due to Vacancy, Delinquent Amount etc.) Do you have any[…]
This post summarizes questions I get about a property management dashboard. So, you have set targets for Net Income, Occupancy Rates, Tenant Retention and Delinquency. How do you know if you are on track for meeting these goals? If you run reports and look at the metrics that matter, Metric-X has a product you are[…]
Metric-X presented at the Rent Manager Tech Tuesday on June 6, 2017 on the topic of “Custom Reports and Analytics”. We presented the possibilities of utilizing the Rent Manager API. The presentation centered around the types of questions we get from prospective clients who are all users of Rent Manager property management software. Rent Manager Tech[…]
Are you a visual learner? I would like to contrast here how the same data can be represented in different ways. In this post, I will show how the Rent Manager Market Rent Analysis report can be turned into a visual, interactive tool for seeing how much money is being left on the table. Let’s[…]