A well-executed Business Intelligence program raises the overall competitiveness of the company. Below are examples of business benefits:
- Ability to take corrective action proactively if some aspect of the business is not on target. Avoid crises.
- Gain insight into which products sell the best in which market
- Gain insight into customer behavior
- Get visibility into your supply chain
- Improve your forecasting ability
- Develop the ability to predict outcomes in sales, customer service, manufacturing etc.
- Reduce amount of work required to get the data needed to make decisions
- Ability to undertake performance improvements because of availability of data
- Achieve common definitions of your key business metrics