Metric-X is a Microsoft Business Intelligence partner. We have embraced the fact that Excel continues to be a prevalent Business Intelligence tool, and have also raised our skills in Microsoft’s recent offerings around PowerPivot, Power View and SQL Server 2012.
We offer the following business intelligence services:
- Business intelligence strategy
- Business intelligence data warehouse design
- Data warehouse implementation
- Data warehouse maintenance
- Dashboard design and development
- Report development for BI analytics
- Forecasting and performance management systems
- Complex Excel models
Examples of projects that we have worked on include:
- Enterprise data warehouse for a manufacturing company: Designed the data warehouse using the Kimball method. Worked with customer teams to achieve conformed dimensions across major subject areas such as supply chain, manufacturing, warranty, customer service and finance
- Plant floor monitoring: Implemented hourly ETL processes that collected plant floor data from three factories in three continents. Developed alerts to notify personnel if specific manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) were out of limits
- Business Intelligence Roadmap: Helped a global auto supplier define a roadmap for achieving common metrics across multiple geographic regions, plants and ERP systems. Roadmap included metrics definitions, data sources, high level technical architecture and project plans
- Operations data monitoring: Helped a manufacturing company build a system to capture data at various points in its quote-to-ship process. The data collected enabled the company to continuously improve its estimation, order processing and quality assurance capabilities
- Real-Time Dashboards: Designed a Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) solution for a bank that wanted to increase its throughput of loan applications. System reported the status of loans at each step of the review process and issued alerts if there were bottlenecks.
- Planning Models: Developed numerous spreadsheet-based planning and forecasting models. Extended the solutions to tie multiple systems and spreadsheets together to simplify refreshing of the analytical data and preserving of previous spreadsheet scenarios.