Period Over Period Analysis Questionnaire
Use this questionnaire to decide what comparisons to perform
Questions included in this questionnaire …
Understand the impact of seasonality and organic growth in overall portfolio performance
PERIOD OVER PERIOD ANALYSIS
Gain insights by analyzing change in performance over time
What is Period Over Period Analysis?
- Growth oriented companies want to compare their performance in a given month or quarter with the same periods in previous years
- Reports are built in Excel to do such comparisons, but because of the nature of Excel, only a few metrics and a few time periods can be viewed
- While this is simple to do for calendar periods, it is complex when you want to use custom time periods (for example “Months Since Start of Operations”)
- It is not simple in Excel to temporarily exclude some properties from an analysis
- We utilize highly visual, flexible tools like Tableau or Power BI to visualize the data and reveal patterns, growth and outliers
Benefits of Period Over Period Analysis:
- You have the ability to compare similar asset classes in your portfolio and compare their performance with previous time periods
- Discover if there is any seasonality in your business, and understand its impact
- Identify the leading and lagging indicators and develop a game plan for managing those
Challenges in Performing Period Over Period Analysis:
- It is quite simple to perform period-over-period analysis of real estate data as long as one is using the right tools
- Trying to do it in Excel limits the options because of its inflexibility for such analysis
- We plug your data into either Microsoft PowerBI and or Tableau
- If you have custom calendars (that take into account holidays, peak dates, annual events etc.) we build those into the analysis also
- Before we begin the analysis we list the questions we want to answer and the metrics we want to measure.
Our solutions are built on the RentViewer software. RentViewer connects to data sources (such as Property Management Systems, other systems and Excel files), collates the data and enables the creation of Executive Dashboards, Custom Reports and Analytical Solutions
Do you have questions and need detailed explanation of how our product could help your businness?
Schedule a free consultation
The Property Management Metrics Handbook
Which property management metrics are important to you?
See a list of over 100 metrics for categories such as:
- Lead Management Metrics
- Lease Application Metrics
- Unit Turnover Metrics
Use the Handbook for ideas on metrics that will be useful to your company.
Decide which property management metrics should be tracked and used for setting improvement goals.