The toolkit contains a set of questionnaires and worksheets to help you plan and implement a process improvement plan. By going through the exercises in the toolkit, property management companies can prioritize the processes and activities that need to be improved.
If making changes in your company involves seeking the input of other stakeholders, then this toolkit will be useful for to drive agreement on the priorities and action plans.
The purpose of the Property Management Process Improvement Toolkit is to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in your processes.
- Prioritize the areas to focus on.
- Create an action plan.
- Hold yourself accountable to following up.
- Build a foundation for your Standard Operating Procedures.
How to Use
- The toolkit is meant to promote collaboration and get people behind a few shared goals
- Two or three meetings with the right people in the room are all you need to get value from the Property Management Process Improvement Toolkit.
- There is no need to exhaustively rate every process or metric
- Focus on the areas where there’s general agreement on the need to make changes.
- Use Metric-X to help facilitate the process and encourage accountability.
Below are some screenshots from the Property Management Process Improvement Toolkit.
- In some companies, the “Squeky Wheel” gets the most attention.
- Decisions on what to fix are based on who is complaining the loudest.
- The Property Management Process Improvement toolkit gets you away from operating in that mode.
- The toolkit enables you to be proactive and deliberate about making improvements.
- You and your team can arrive at consensus through an objective, step-by-step method using the workbooks provided in the toolkit.
- The toolkit comes with the following items that can be customized:
- Process Model
- Process Catalog
- Defect List
- Metrics List
- Action Plan
- The Process Catalog is used to list all your key process and rate them in terms of value to your company’s mission
- The Defect List lists about a 100 things that can go wrong in your day to day operations. Add your own incidents to the list, and then quantify how often stuff happens and what it costs you.
- This is beats out the “squeky wheel” method, and helps you ensure you get buy-in and support for the changes you want to make.
- You might already have seen the Metrics List if you previously downloaded the Metrics Handbook. More metrics are provided in the Toolkit and you can customize the list.
- This is where you can select the ones you want to measure.
- Finally, we come to the Action Plan for Process Improvement.
- This is simply a statement describing what processes you will focus on how, how you will measure them, where you are today, and where you want to be in several months.
- So, I hope this gave you an overview of the Process Improvement Toolkit and how it can help you.
- This toolkit is available for sale.
30 Days of Focus
Huge strides can be taken 30 days at a time!
Each leader has their own method of getting things done with their teams. Some well-established methods are Gino Wickman’s “Entreprenurial Operating System (EOS)”, John Doerr’s “Objectives and Key Results (OKR)”, and Verne Harnish’s “Priorities, Data, Rhythm”.
Which ever method you use, we will set up an underlying technology architecture to enable you lead your team on a goals-driven basis.
Focus-30 is our turnkey offering that includes:
- The Data Infrastructure
- Reports and Analytics Capability
- Technical Support
- Analytics Coaching
Start with a Free Consultation with Saad
Hi! I am thrilled that you are visiting our website.
Metric-X helps property management executives use data and metrics to build high-performing teams, delight their tenants and impress their investors.
We will develop a data collection and metrics monitoring program tailored to your management style and business priorities. The fastest way to get started is to give me a call at 248-495-4925, or book an appointment.